Aadhaar is a unique identification number which is given by the Unique Identification Authority of India. For issuing Aadhaar card, one needs to complete various formalities which include providing ID proof, proof of address, photograph and completing biometric tests. After the completion of formalities involved in Aadhaar card, letter is provided to the citizen of India at its address via post or other option is to download Aadhaar card online from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) website which is also valid as a proof.
It is known to be important proof of identity and also assures that person is citizen of India. However while completing the initial formalities, you would be issued Aadhaar card at your mentioned address and if you wish to change the address on Aadhaar card then you need to complete some steps. One can apply this change from online on the website of UIDAI.
Many times you need to switch to some other place or think about relocating your current address. In such cases it is wise to change address on Aadhaar card otherwise Aadhaar card will not be considered as a proof of address. There are two ways by which one can change address on Aadhaar card: using offline method and using online method.
For changing offline, you need to visit nearest centre which makes Aadhaar card and there you need to provide new address proof documents and photocopy of your Aadhaar card. However, changing address through online system is more reliable and quick way to perform changes. Online change is also quite fast and reliable way to change address.
Steps required in making changes in Address in Aadhaar Card
Below are some of the steps involved in changing address using online.
- The first thing you need to do is visit the portal here
- As you open the portal, there you need to enter your unique Aadhar number and also a verification code which is required to ensure that you are not a robot.
- Now as you click on send OTP, a one-time password would be send to your registered mobile number.
- After you receive the OTP, you need to enter the password and then you can proceed with the next step.
- Now you need to update the Address by selecting the ADDRESS CHANGE field. Now you will see the details, here you need to fill the required fields in English language or any other local language.
- Now you need to validate your address by entering a proof of residence as a soft copy to make sure that you upload along with filling the form.
- In the end after making changes, you will receive a URN number which could be used to track down the status of the changes which you have made.
Making changes in Aadhaar card is not a difficult job if you are planning to update your address details in your current Aadhar card. You need to make sure that you enter the correct details and also provide valid address proof document along with.