If you have lost your aadhar card or in case you have not received your aadhar card, but have already received the confirmation through SMS that your aadhar card is processed successfully. After reading this post, you can download aadhar card duplicate copy online. Getting the duplicate copy of aadhar card is now easy for the indian citizens. This post is about how to download the duplicate aadhar card or copy of aadhar card.
How to get lost aadhar card?
The loss or misplacing of your aadhar card is generally followed by panic, which is unfortunately of no use in helping you get back your card! If you have the aadhar number or at least the aadhar card acknowledgement slip, generally given at the time of enlistment, it can help you reach for the duplicate copy of your UID card by downloading the same. Most importantly, the UID is known to have similar validity as the original one.
How to download duplicate Aadhar Card online?
It is quite simple. Just click on: ‘Download copy of Aadhar duplicate online’ and you are good to go. To download e aadhar card duplicate copy, you need to follow some simple steps which are given in the next section of this post. This downloaded e aadhar card is accepted as a valid proof of identity wherever the original aadhar card is accepted.
In order to download the duplicate copy of e aadhard card and print it online, you need to have your enrollment acknowledgement slip with you which is given to you at the time of registration. In case your enrollment acknowledgement slip is lost, click here aadhar card enrollment acknowledgement slip lost and get it from there. Now, if you know your aadhar number or have the aadhar card acknowledgement slip, follow the instructions given below to download the duplicate e aadhar card online
Steps to be followed on retrieving a duplicate UID card?
- Visit https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Select the exact option, ‘Aadhar No (UID)’ or ‘Enrollment no (EID)’, under ‘You want to receive your lost.’
- Enter your full name.
- Enter the email address.
- Enter registered mobile number.
- Enter security code as shown and follow by clicking on ‘Get OTP’ button.
- OTP or ‘One Time Password’ will be delivered to your respective mobile number and/or email address.
- Now click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- You will receive a message in your number with your Aadhar card number or Enrollment ID as specified in the second step.
- Visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Find the appropriate option, ‘Enrolment Id’ or ‘Aadhar’, under ‘I have’.
- Enter the Aadhar card number or enrollment ID, full name, pin code, security text or code and mobile number.
- Click on ‘get OTP’.
- The ‘One Time Password (OTP) will be given to your mobile number and/or email address.
- Enter your OTP that you got in your number in the box called ‘Enter OTP’ and click on ‘Validate and Download’.
- The downloading process of your e-Aadhar card is now complete. At the time of opening the PDF document, enter the pin code as a password.
- Get the printout of your duplicate e-Aadhar card online.
What to follow up with?
It is suggested you contact UIDAI through the toll free number and give them the required demographic data like name, location, date of birth, contact details along with all that is required to get your Aadhar card data. In delegating them about the loss, they will support you by seeing for the duplicate. However, in the event of having lost your Aadhar card enlistment slip, receiving the copy can be a tad difficult.
If you have any query or difficulty while retrieving the duplicate copy of your aadhar card, you can share with us in the comment section. We will try to solve it as soon as possible.