How to change photo and signature in PAN card: check details here
PAN card is one of the most important documents for Indian citizen. It is not only used for tax purposes but also as proof of identity. Check out the step-by-step guide here to edit photos and signatures on PAN card.
The PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is a unique ten digit alphanumeric number and is issued as a plastic card, under the direction of the Indian Tax Department. It is one of the most important documents for Indian citizen. It is not only used for tax purposes but also as proof of identity.
However, if your PAN card contains an old photo and requires signature updates, it may cause issues in the future. It is therefore advisable to have any errors and inaccuracies in your NAP corrected as soon as possible.
Steps to change photo and signature in PAN card:
An individual can use online and offline methods for PAN map correction. Here is a step-by-step guide you can follow to update or correct your contact details in a PAN map.
- Log in to the NSDL web portal.
- Select the option that says “Changes or Correction in Existing PAN Data” in the “Application Type” option.
- Continuing, select âIndividualâ from the âCategoryâ menu.
- Enter the âCandidate Informationâ and click on the âSubmitâ option.
- Now note the generated token number and continue with the PAN application.
- As you continue, select the option indicating how you would like to perform the KYC. Enter all required details such as Aadhaar or EID and other details.
- Click on the ‘Photo Mismatch’ and ‘Signature Mismatch’ option and enter the details of the sire or dam and click on the ‘Next’ button for PAN card signature change or photo update.
- Enter your details including your contact details, address, etc. in the âAddress and contactâ section.
- Provide proof of identity, date of birth, address.
- Upon presentation of a copy of the Aadhaar card, the three conditions above will be met. Also submit a copy of your PAN or PAN award letter.
- Check the declaration as indicated and click on the âsubmitâ option to submit your details.
- Now download scanned copies of all document proofs for verification.
- Go through the form once and check if all the information entered is correct, post it, click on the “Submit” option to submit your information, or you can click on the “Edit” option to update your informations.
- Make a payment of Rs 101 (GST included) if you reside in India and Rs 1,011 (GST included) if you reside outside India.
- Now save the app and print it out.
Send the printed application to NSDL’s address at Income Tax PAN Services Unit (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune 411016.
READ: List of 2021 Maharashtra government holidays
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.