Need to change address to Aadhaar card? Check the new steps | Latest India News
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
People looking to change their address in their Aadhaar card will have to go through a new series of steps, as the Single Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) abandoned its previous directive. UIDAI allowed a change of address in Aadhaar cards without any proof of residency, but according to a report in the sister publication of HT Live Hindustan, the system was shut down.
UIDAI said in a response to a Twitter user that people are now required to provide proof of address or proof of residence. He said any of the 32 documents mentioned can be used to change the address in Aadhaar cards.
Follow these steps to change the address of your Aadhaar card:
1. Log into your account using your credentials at ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
2. Click on “Proceed to update Aadhaar”
3. Enter your 12-digit UID number
4. Enter the captcha code
5. Click on the ‘Send OTP’ option
6. Wait for the OTP to reach the registered mobile number
7. Enter the received OTP
8. Click on “Connection”
9. Enter your Aadhaar card details
10. From the list of 32 proof of address and identity, select 1
11. Update your address