SBI and Indian Oil Launch RuPay Contactless Debit Card; check the main advantages
The State Bank of India (SBI) and the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) on Thursday launched a co-branded contactless RuPay debit card. A customer, anywhere in the country, can get the card by going to the home branch of the SBI. It is a contactless card and transactions up to Rs 5,000 can be paid with just a tap.
âWe believe that this co-branded card, featuring ‘Tap and Pay’ technology, several attractive benefits and associated offers, would not only provide a rewarding experience when purchasing fuel for cardholders, but would also simplify purchases. customers’ daily lives with convenient contactless payments, âsaid bank chairman Dinesh Kumar Khara.
The card will also simplify daily customer purchases with secure and convenient contactless payments, he added.
By using it, cardholders can enjoy fuel benefits and loyalty points worth 0.75% against the purchase of fuel at any retail outlet of Indian Oil gas stations. . There is no monthly limit for the purchase of fuel.
Customers can also earn reward points for spending on meals, movies, groceries, and utility bills. The reward points can also be redeemed for bills for meals, movies, groceries and utilities, the bank said.
The SBI-IndianOil RuPay Debit Card was launched by Dinesh Kumar Khara, President of SBI and Shrikant Madhav Vaidya, President of IndianOil, in a virtual ceremony held today.
Main advantages of this co-branded contactless RuPay debit card
- Pay with a tap (contactless card) for a single transaction up to Rs 5000;
- 6 times the reward points for every Rs 200 spent at Indian Oil gas stations;
- Fuel Benefits – Cardholder earns loyalty points worth 0.75% against the purchase of fuel at Indian Oil gas stations;
- No monthly limit for the purchase of fuel;
- Earn reward points on spending on meals, movies, groceries and utility bills;
- The RuPay debit card co-branded by SBI-IndianOil can be issued anywhere in India; and
- Apply for a card by visiting the SBI home branch.
- Redeem reward points for meals, movies, groceries, and utility bill payments;
Latest business news