UIDAI changes address change request process in Aadhaar card: check new steps here
List of documents required to change address in the Aadhaar card
According to UIDAI, here is the list of documents that serve as proof of address to change address in your Aadhaar Card. You can submit or use any of the documents listed below as proof of address.
2. Bank statement / passbook
3. Postal account statement / passbook
4. Ration card
5. Voter ID
6. Driver’s license
7. Government Photo ID Cards / Service Photo ID Card issued by PSU
8. Electricity bill (no more than 3 months)
9. Water bill (no more than 3 months)
10. Fixed telephone bill (no more than 3 months)
11. Property tax receipt (no more than one year)
12.Credit card statement (no more than 3 months)
13. Insurance policy
14. Letter signed with photo of the bank on letterhead
15. Letter signed with photo issued by the company registered on letterhead
16. Signed letter with a photo issued by a recognized educational institution on letterhead or photo identification with an address issued by a recognized educational institution
17. NREGA work card
19. Pensioner’s card
20.Freedom Fighter Card
21. Kissan passport
22. CGHS / ECHS card
23.Certificate of address with photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
24.Certificate of address issued by village chief Panchayat or his equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
25. Income tax assessment order
26.Certificate of vehicle registration
27. Registered sale / lease / rental agreement
28.Address card with photo issued by the Postal Department
29.Cast and domicile certificate with photo issued by state government 30.Disability ID card / disabled medical certificate issued by respective state governments / administrations / UT.
31. Gas connection invoice (no more than 3 months)
33.Parents’ passport (in case of a minor)
34. Housing allocation letter issued by central / state government. (no more than 3 years)
35. Government issued marriage certificate, containing address 36. Bhamashah Card / Jan-Aadhaar Card issued by the government. from Rajasthan
37. Certificate of the superintendent / director / matron / head of institution of recognized foster homes or orphanages, etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
38.Certificate of address with photo issued by city councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
39.Identity card issued by recognized educational institutions
40.SLC book with photo
41. School identity card
42.School Leaving Certificate (SLC) / School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing name and address
43.Extract from school files containing the name, address and photograph issued by the school principal
44.Certificate of identity containing name, address and photo issued by a recognized educational institution signed by the director of the institute on the UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
45.Certificate of identity containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by the organization of the employee provident fund (EPFO) on the UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
Steps to change address in Aadhaar card using PoA document
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and click âProceed To Update Aadhaarâ in the Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and Language section online.
- Now enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and the required CAPTCHA code to login.
- You can log into your account by checking the OTP which you will get on your registered mobile number after clicking on the option “Send OTP”.
- Now go to the address section and edit the details as you want.
- Now submit all proof of address for verification and click on “Send”
- After successful verification of your request, your details will be modified in your Aadhaar database.
Most recent and important updates made by UIDAI
UIDAI is always making important updates for the convenience of Aadhaar cardholders. According to the official UIDAI Twitter account, here are the latest updates made by the regulator.
- UIDAI recently stated that “Your Iris remains constant in adulthood, authentication through Iris reduces authentication errors.”
- The regulator also said in another Tweet that “iris scans are the most accurate and secure for Aadhaar authentication.”
- UIDAI also recently stated that âOrganizations such as businesses, schools, colleges and departments should not openly display Aadhaar details of residents such as Aadhaar number, address, phone number, etc. the law.”
- In case of loss of Aadhaar, UIDAI informed that âCall 1947 or write to us at [email protected] if you have lost your Aadhaar and / or your registration form. You can also retrieve your EID or Aadhaar from https: / /resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid. “
Comments are closed.