UIDAI share direct link to update DoB in Aadhaar map, check the steps here
Documents required to update date of birth in Aadhaar Card
According to UIDAI, the documents required to update the date of birth on the Aadhaar card are as follows:
- Birth certificate
- SSLC book/certificate
- Date of birth certificate issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration/updating.
- A certificate (in the standard UIDAI certificate format for enrollment/update) or a photo ID card with date of birth (DOB) duly signed and issued by a government authority.
- Identity card with photo showing the date of birth, issued by a recognized educational institution.
- PAN card
- Grade sheet issued by any government board or university.
- Government photo ID / PSU issued photo ID containing DOB.
- Central/State Ordinance on Payment of Pensions.
- Central Government Health Services Scheme Photo Card or Contributory Ex-Servicemen Health Scheme Photo Card.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC) / School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing name and date of birth Extract from school records issued by the school principal containing name, date of birth and photograph Certificate ID containing name, date of birth and photo issued by a recognized educational institution Signed by the director of the institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration/updating.
- Identity certificate containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in UIDAI standard certificate format for registration/update.
Steps to Change Date of Birth in Aadhaar Card Online
Regarding the update of Date of Birth in Aadhaar Card, UIDAI on its Twitter account said today that “Update your DoB online through the following link – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ ssup/, upload the scanned copy of your original document and apply. To see the list of supporting documents, click on https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf.” To update your Aadhaar card online with the correct date of birth, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and click on ‘Proceed To Update Aadhaar’
- Now under “Update Aadhaar Online” enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and captcha code.
- Now click on “Send OTP” and you will get an OTP on your mobile number linked to Aadhaar.
- Enter the 6-digit one-time password sent to your registered number and click “Login”
- On the next page, your Aadhaar details will appear, where you need to select your date of birth to edit it.
- Now upload the scanned copy of the supporting documents as shown above and click “Submit”.
- After successful verification, your date of birth on Aadhaar card will be changed successfully and you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
Charges applicable to change date of birth in Aadhaar Card online
You have to pay Rs 50 (including tax) to the respective service operator for each update of your Aadhaar card date of birth or any other details. You can also check the fees at https://uidai.gov.in/images/akr policy on pricing.pdf. With the exception of children under the age of five, an Aadhaar holder can only apply for a birth date change on the Aadhaar card. Changing the date of birth on an Aadhaar card may take up to 90 days from the day of application. If your application is denied, you can call 1947 (freephone) or email [email protected]