UIDAI Unveils Direct Link To Change Gender In Aadhaar Map, Check Steps Here
Documents required to change gender in the online Aadhaar card
According to UIDAI, here is the list of documents required to update gender in Aadhaar map online:
- PAN card
- Ration / PDS photo card
- Voter ID
- Driver’s license
- Government Photo ID Cards / Service Photo ID Card issued by PSU
- NREGA work card
- Photo ID issued by a recognized educational institution
- Weapons license
- ATM photo bank card
- Photo credit card
- Retiree photo card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Kisan photo booklet
- CGHS / ECHS photo card
- Address card bearing the name and photo issued by the Postal Department.
- Photo ID certificate issued by official agent or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
- Disability Identity Card / Disabled Medical Certificate issued by respective State / UT governments / administrations.
- Government issued Bhamashah Card / Jan-Aadhaar Card. of Rajasthan.
- Certificate of the superintendent / director / matron / head of institution of recognized foster homes or orphanages, etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
- Photo ID certificate issued by MP or MP or MLC or city councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
- Photo ID certificate issued by Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
- Notice of change of name in the Gazette.
- Marriage certificate with photo.
- RSBY card.
- SSLC book with photographs of the candidates.
- ST / SC / OBC certificate with photo.
- School leaving certificate (SLC) / School transfer certificate (TC), containing name and photo.
- Extract from the school booklet issued by the head of the establishment containing the name and photograph.
- Bank Pass Book with name and photo.
- Identity certificate containing name and photo issued by recognized educational institution signed by institute director on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
- Identity certificate containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by employee provident fund organization (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update.
Steps to Change Gender in Aadhaar Map Online
The UIDAI tweeted today, stating that âYou can now update your gender in your Aadhaar online through the following link – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ to update. Your Cell phone number registered in Aadhaar is required to authenticate yourself via OTP. ” Therefore, to change your gender in the Aadhaar card through UIDAI’s âSelf-Service Update Portalâ, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”
- Now enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and enter the required CAPTCHA code for verification.
- Now click on “Send OTP” and you will get a one-time 6-digit password on your mobile number linked to Aadhaar.
- Now enter the OTP received in the ‘Enter OTP’ space and click on ‘Login’
- Now select your gender details and edit it.
- Once done, click on the “Submit” button and once the verification is successful, your gender will be updated in your Aadhaar card and you will receive a confirmation message about it on your registered cell phone number.
Fees required to change gender in the Aadhaar card
It is important to keep your Aadhaar card with up to date information as it is the most important proof of identity and address for all Indian citizens. To update your Aadhaar, you can either go to an Aadhaar Registration Center (Aadhaar Seva Kendra) or use the UIDAI online services. If you change one or more sections, the Aadhaar update will cost Rs 100 if you also update your biometrics. If you just want to update your demographic information, UIDAI will charge you Rs 50. If you have any problems updating your Aadhaar credentials, call the Aadhaar customer service number on 1800 300 1947 or 1947. You can also contact UIDAI by email at (help[@]uidai[.]government[.]in).
Comments are closed.