Want to change your photo in Aadhaar Card? Check the step-by-step process to do it
New Delhi | Jagran Business Office: Aadhaar card is necessary for every Indian, and it is one of the most important documents. It is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and contains information such as name, photo, address, etc. of the cardholder as well as a 12-digit identification number. Aadhaar card is required for many important jobs like opening bank accounts, and it also serves as an official identity.
UIDAI manufactures Aadhaar cards and also offers the possibility of making modifications to them. If you need to make any changes to the Aadhaar map, it is done only through UIDAI. Lots of information such as address, photo, mobile number, email id can be updated including name correction. Many people complain that their current photo on Aadhaar card does not look good, and if this is also your case, you can update your previous photo with a new “beautiful photo”. Find out the steps you can take to update your photo on your Aadhaar card.
Steps to update Aadhaar card photo:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- Download the Aadhaar registration form.
- Fill in the required details in the form.
- Go to Aadhaar Registration Center and submit the form.
- Your new photo will be taken here.
- You will have to pay Rs 100 and GST.
- After that, an acknowledgment of receipt will be given to you.
- You will also get an update request number (URN).
- With URN you can track your Aadhaar map update.
- Updates can take up to 90 days.
Go to the Aadhaar Registration Center to have your photo clicked for your Aadhaar card. If you do not prepare well for your photo, your photo will not look good and the purpose for which you want to update the photo will remain incomplete.
Posted by: Simran Srivastava
Comments are closed.